It has come to my own attention that I have a really bad habit when reading. If you do not know already I love to read fantasy trilogies Harry potter, hunger games, mortal instruments to name a few. The thing is by the time I get to the last book or near to the end I just can’t keep reading . . . . And why I do this is a mixture of weird things.
For example at this moment in time I am limiting my reading of Allegiant, the last book in the Divergent trilogy ( which I am loving) . I think it is something inside me that does not like the turmoil of the huge plot twists that is thrown into the last book. I want everything to be fine with the main characters yet they are ripped apart, I just want to be happy IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR . I spend many pages skimming for some hope, I miss out all the little chitt chatt just wanting to get to the nittygritty hoping that it will have a good ending and with 68% left of my book yes % I don’t think I can carry on. Yes I really want to find out what happens, it is such a brilliant book but I don’t want to put myself through the pain and loss of what might happen.
You may think this is an overreaction ( I also never finished To Kill A Mockingbird due to the same reasons, I still don’t have a clue how it ends). I have a similar habit with films. Call me crazy but with some films I like to know how the film ends before I go watch it myself. Another example I did not want to go and watch Gravity because the whole lost in space thing scares me until I made myself read the whole plot on wiki, now I feel like I want to go watch it.
I will finish my book slowly it is such a wonderful read I just don’t like sad endings 😦 I CANT WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT ON FILM. I will also know what happens.
Yes it’s strange but I get into books wayyyy toooo muchio.
I can do it!
It is that kinda day again guys…
Even though I only have one day off as I am working Sunday, I am looking forward to the sleep in tomorrow. So here are five things that were on my mind this week.
1. American Hustle, If you have not seen it yet I think you should. One reason, it has 5 amazing actors who know their craft well, plus I am a big sucker for anything Jennifer Lawrence is in (aka I love the Hunger Games). Another reason is when a story line that has no action what so ever can hold a whole audience for two and a half hours with just the plot, you know you have got a stunner. It goes to show that there are some amazing writers out there, and actors who don’t need huge CGI explosions. Just some tacky reveling clothing and hairspray.
2. I am an avid fan of film adaptions, and this year is pulling out all the surprises. I have to speak honestly. I am a huge fan of all those teen books. You know what I mean and Hunger Games is at the top of my list. This year showcases two books similar to HG, Divergent by Veronica Roth and The Maze Runner by James Dashner, which are both set in a dystopian world of our own. And the biggest hype for myself is the next installment of HG, MockingJay pt1, which I can’t hold in my excitement for. So if you are like me and love your books and films, why not give them a try, I am , or you could head over to the links below to find more adaptions happening this year
3. A video that has really made me laugh this week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ql1emlCn4
4. The Tomorrow People has come back to our screens after having a revamp from the UK’s seventies version to a sparkly updated American series. The plot was rather predictable, it was a fun easy watch but what really captured me was the CGI of the teleportation. I can’ t begin to think what stress it was filming those scenes. I am balancing on the boarder of whether or not I am wanting to carry on watching, I will see how the next episode goes.
5. Photo of the week. I spent my Friday night babysitting, and their cat always loves to fall asleep on my lap. Poor little kitten.
Night love L,